What stimulates cravings?
- Consuming food in a takea way form or eating fast. In such cases signal of satiety often passes unnoticed and our organism seeks for more food.
- Snacks and sweets between meals. Blood sugar and insulin levels are
disruptive and the ap
petite “wakes up”.
- Starvation. At one moment the blood sugar level will be so low that you will in next moment pounce on chocolate to raise your blood sugar level.
What stops hunger pangs
- Regular meals provide regular flow of energy. Do not skip breakfast! If you skip it, it is very likely that you will eat a burger and fries a couple of hours later. Skipping breakfast causes hunger pangs just a few hours after waking up, so eat something as soon as you wake up.
- Eat slowly. Feeling of satiety appears 20 minutes after the first bite. Try to chew to the point that food in your mouth becomes mushy! Since the process of digestion begins in the mouth and not in your gizzard, use your mouth properly. Grind food to the maximum for the simple reasons because valuable nutrients will be better absorbed into the body. Our gizzard is not a crusher; do not let it struggle with food, instead of that let it use the maximum from food.
- Between meals, eat an apple or a pear, because fiber known as pectin(it has many beneficial effect against high cholesterol, high triglycerides, and in the prevention of colon cancer and prostate cancer) it swells in the stomach and feeling of saturation appears.
- Entering more liquid. The liquid fills the gizzard and regulates the metabolism. Water is crucial for metabolism in the body, as it allows dissolution and subsequent digestion of food in the cells, but also the cleaning of the cell waste. Enter at least 6-8 glasses of water during the day.
- Without prohibition. When you deny yourself any kind of sweets, sooner or later you will lose control and pounce on them. If you suffer from chocolate addiction, then it is better to allow occasionally yourself a small amount of sweets. Choose chocolate with higher amount of cacao (at least 75%).
With a bit of efforts and attention, you can seriously improve your health!